måndag 18 maj 2009

A call to an Italian Call Centre


Last week I had to call Telecom which is the biggest telephone and Internet provider in Italy.

The background is that one month ago I changed Internet provider and I was and still am waiting for a contract to sign. The call goes like this ( I am marked by A and the operator by B)

A God morning, my names is ++++++ ++++ I am calling because I am missing my contract. It hasn’t arrived yet.

B Yes, But you have to be patient!!!!

A Yes I am patient but now it has passed a month and I don’t want any administravie problems which will have the effect that you close the Internet connection.

B Ok, and what do you want me to do about it?

A Well isn’t this the assictance call centre?

B Yes, but I repeat, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?!

A Well I don’t know but if you don’t like your job you can always change! I called you to inform you that the contract hasn’t arrived!

B Ok I will send it again even if it’s not my job!

Well you see in Italy the medium salary for a call centre operator is 800 Euro so they are all rude and aggressive and the worst thing is that they don’t leave their names, they are completely anonymous, so they can behave like they want to without running the risk of being fired!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar