måndag 1 juni 2009

How to get to Rome from Fiumicino Airport

If you are going to Rome by air it is most likely that you will arrive to Fiumicino airport. When you get out from the security zone to the arrivals hall you will meet a lot of smiling Italians that will offer you taxi. These kind of taxis are illegal and you should know that you will probably get ripped off. They make you pay overprice, they take you to the wrong destination and you may even be robbed.

I have a firsthand encounter with this; when I came to Rome the first time in my life I came to Fiumicino without any kind of organization and planning. I fell for the trick to get an illegal taxi and I asked him if he could take me to a Hotel that was cheap. Sure he said and after a long bumpy ride I arrived at a 4-star hotel that wasn’t cheap but since it was in the middle of the night I had to pay and half of my travel budget was gone!

Here are 2 tips for those of you that come to Rome:

  1. Organize your trip before you come to Rome, find and book your Hotel, check possible transportations from the airport.
  2. There are plenty of alternative, you can either take the airport buss shuttle or the airport train that will take you directly to termini. Check on the Google ads to the right, often they make publicity for transportations from the airport.

Have a good arrival in Rome

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar